For Reservations or Information Call:
Toll Free US 1-888-934-9199
Direct (808) 934-9199
Bikevolcano.com offers daily volcano bicycle tours of Kilauea Volcano. We provide a full service experience. A van driver and tour leader accompany all tours. The tour leader escorts the cyclists from the pole position, while the van driver attentively follows behind.
• Giant Sedona Comfort Hybrid Bike (Comfortable upright position, great for downhill biking)
• DOT approved helmets
• Bike Bag & Gloves
• Rain Jacket
• Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, and Beverages
• Round-trip transportation from our Meeting locations
• Safety Instruction
• Professional Interpretive Tour Guide and Driver
WHAT TO BRING?
• Credit Card and Identification for the equipment deposit.
• Layered Clothing (t-shirt, shorts, jacket, and/or sweatpants)
• Closed Toed Shoes (required)
• Protective Eyewear (sun glasses or prescription glasses) required
• Your Sense of Adventure
!!! Riders should wear layered clothing to ensure your comfort while bicycling. Temperatures at the Summit (4000′ above sea level) sometimes range in the low 60’s to upper 70’s.
CHANGES, CANCELLATIONS, & INCLEMENT WEATHER
Due to the popularity of our volcano biking tours we require a no less than 48-hour notice for schedule changes and cancellations – with the exception of the high demand tour dates Tour dates (Dec. 22nd – Jan. 2nd) when a 2 week advanced notification is required, in order to avoid a 50% cancellation charge (within 48 hours of the tour date) or a 100% cancellation charge (within 24 hours of the tour date). Cancellations are 100% refundable if we our notified BY PHONE before 48 hours of the tour date (email cancellations are not accepted within 48 hours of the tour date).
Day of Tour
- Weather conditions in Volcano can be unpredictable. Occasionally, Madame Pele decides she’d like the Volcano to herself for the day, in which case if we have advanced knowledge of unsafe weather conditions we’ll notify you to reschedule your tour or we will offer you an alternative bike course.
- If we cancel your tour due to extreme weather conditions 3 hours before the tour starting time, we’ll notify you to reschedule your tour or you will receive a full refund.
- If the weather conditions become unsafe to bike within 3 hours of the tour start time or during the tour, you will receive a van tour with additional hikes until weather conditions improve. If the weather remains unchanged and unsafe to bike you will be charged the van rider rate and refunded the difference.
- Please be advised the tour course will be adjusted as necessary, dependent on weather conditions, ability of group, and the timing of tour.
- Please be advised that we bike rain or shine. We do provide rain jackets. Please dress appropriately. Bring extra layers in case of a change in weather conditions.
– Bikevolcano.com does not issue refunds for those who opt out of a tour of their own volition, for customers who are disruptive, disrespectful, and disobey tour rules, or for “no shows”.
– Bikevolcano.com reserves the right to refuse service to customers who are disruptive, disrespectful, and disobey tour rules.
– For the Bike to Pele tour, lava viewing can be unpredictable and is not guaranteed. If, the lava flow is reported to be not active or if the viewing area is predicted to be closed on the day prior to your tour date, we will notify you and offer our full day tour of the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park as an alternative tour course.
Airline Cancellations after Purchase Policy:
Airlines cancellation fees vary by airline and fare type, up to and including being NON-REFUNDABLE. All refunds of unused airline tickets are at all times subject to the carrier’s ticket rules and regulations which may not allow any refunds. All fees apply once booking is purchased.
For full cancellations of package bookings in addition to cancellation penalty fees decreed by the airline, a $10.00 PER PERSON service fee will also apply. For most airlines, cancellations must be made PRIOR to the scheduled travel date. Once the travel date is past, the ticket has no value.